Quail Eggs and Sate Ayam
This is the dessert version of quail eggs with chicken satay especially for kids as they don’t like spicy food.
- 300 gr chicken breast, sliced in cubes
- 10 boiled and peeled quail eggs
- 2 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee sauce
- 2 tsp of soy sauce (sweet)
- 1 tsp of fresh cornstarch
- 3 sliced cloves shallots
- 2 slices of galangal
- 3 tsp of Lee Kum Kee sauce
- 3 tsp of sweet soy sauce
- salt and sugar to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh water
- Skewers of bamboo
- Marinate sliced chicken and boiled quail eggs for whole 2 hours.
- Pour some oil in a pan and stir fry shallots and galangal and add in the mixture of satay sauce, sweet soy sauce and water and cook till it boils.
- Add salt and sugar with the mixture of cornstarch and water into the sauce to get the sauce thickened.
- Grill chicken cubes and quail eggs until cooked and brown in color. You can add some honey to make it sweeter.
- Pour the sauce over grilled chicken and quail eggs. Garnish with fried shallots and serve with hot rice.