Creamy Bacon Potato Bake
Flavour explosion in your mouth
- 6 medium potato
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 500 grams diced bacon
- 2 packages potato bake powder
- 1 bunch Italian Parsley (to sprinkle)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup boiling water
- Preheat over to 180°F c / 360°F
- peel all potatoes and thinly slice. If you are not slicing thinly, just make sure that you cut them evenly so they can cook evenly.
- boil sliced potatoes and add salt. Cook until the potatoes are about 90% cooked
- heat a pan with olive oil and add sliced bacon. Fry until fully cooked.
- In a separate jar, mix the potato bake powder with nutmeg and add the boiling water to the powder.
- once the potato is cooked, add it into a baking pan and sprinkle cooked bacon onto pan. Make sure that you are distributing the bacon all over the pan- under as much potato as possible.
- Pour the potato bake mixture into the pan and make sure that you are distributing it evenly.
- pour the fresh cream over the mixture
- Add entire pan to the oven for 20 minutes or until the potato is completely soft and you feel that the flavours have infused in the potato.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle parsley and leave to set. One cool, serve.