Grilled Quail With Miso
Flavour explosion in your mouth
- 3/4 cup white miso (soybean paste)
- 1/3 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 semi-boneless quail (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Combine the miso, sake, sugar and scallions in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a large bowl and whisk in the vegetable oil.
- Pat the quail dry. Add to the bowl with the miso mixture and toss; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Arrange the quail in the pan in a single layer. Broil, rotating the pan as needed, until the quail are browned in spots and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side.