Grilled Quail with Spinach-Pomegranate Salad
Flavour explosion in your mouth
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped mint Salt
- 8 semiboneless quail
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packed cup spinach leaves, sliced 2/3 inch thick
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Light a grill. In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the pomegranate molasses, the 1 tablespoon of oil and the mint; season with salt.
- Rub olive oil all over the quail. Season with salt and pepper and grill, breast side down, over high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the quail and grill until the breast meat is pink (for medium), about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the quail to plates.
- Add the spinach and pomegranate seeds to the dressing and toss. Serve the salad with the quail.