Quail eggs in a basket
Flavour explosion in your mouth
- 12 quail eggs
- 2 large potatoes, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300° F / 150° C. Grease 4 ramekins really well.
- In a bowl, mix shredded potatoes, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture in 4 and fill each ramekin with the shredded potato mixture, and press down in the middle to form a nest.
- Bake the hash browns nest for about 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Crack 3 quail eggs in each nest and season with salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Arrange rosemary around the edge of the ramekins if preferred.