For Quail salad
- Flatten out the quails and season inside and out with salt.
- Heat 30 ml of the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat; or, heat a barbecue grill plate, or chargrill pan. to hot and lightly brush the quails with oil.
- Cook the quails on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Combine the semi-dried tomato halves, olives, herbs, vinegar and remaining olive oil in a large bowl.
- Cut the quails into quarters and add to the bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, toss well to coat and serve.